Sunday, September 2, 2012

Steve: We're Here!



Steve:  Well.  We actually made it.  18 hours of traveling without a hitch and we are here.  Judging by the pictures I just took (3:30 p.m.) can you guess who was able to sleep on the plane and who wasn't?

Wrong.  Carol slept on the plane just fine.  She just didn't get any sleep for the week before we left.  I'm the one who got no sleep on the plane.  I had one kid on each side sleeping on me.  I did get a couple of hours in on the floor at JFK airport.  And yes, for those who are perplexed, we did go to Costa Rica via NYC.  It was far cheaper.  It was just also far...er...farther. You do what you gotta do.

Finding the town was hard enough.  Finding the place in the town was even more interesting.  They don't have addresses in Costa Rica.  So the GPS device was a big waste of money so far.

First thoughts?  It's freakin' hot!  I believe we are at around 430% humidity.  Seriously, the sand on the beach is actually perspiring.  The house is pretty sweet, though not exactly what you'd expect from the picture in my last post.  Much smaller than it appears.  But still pretty darn sweet.

Carol's first thoughts?    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

J-Dawg and Coco?  Well, they are digging the pool.  Not sure they even made it inside the house yet.  I'm digging the restaurant/bar that is literally 2 meters away on the opposite side of the gate that you see in the picture behind our rent-a-car.  No we are not keeping the car.  We return that in town tomorrow.  We plan to grow roots in this cute little town, so no car necessary.

No cell phone yet.  Can't seem to find a place that will sell us a sim-card on a Sunday.

Well, I think I'll go take a dip in the Pacific.  That is just a few meters behind the bar I told you about.

Josh and Chloe are due to put up their first post tomorrow.  So stay tuned!

--  Esteban



1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys made it. The pool looks refreshing. I am looking forward to reading more and seeing pictures of your adventures. Love to all of you.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete