Monday, October 29, 2012

Birthday Cake and Life Lessons


Josh: Today I learned that you do not necessarily need to get what you are expecting to happen in order to have fun.  I went to the beach in the rain, and I wanted to go boogie boarding, but when I got there, the boards weren’t out yet.  Ray, who came to visit us, and my dad were also bummed because they wanted to surf.  Then, when we went into the water we found out that there was brown nasty stuff in the ocean, along with leaves, plastic and other disgusting stuff due to all of the rain.  Ray and my dad left to buy fresh fish for lunch, but Chloe and I stayed to build a sand castle.  We dug and built for a while, and after the second layer we both thought it looked nothing like a sand castle.  So we decided to make it a birthday cake instead.  When we were finished we put a candle (a thin stick with some type of orange stuff) on top.  Then we ran back to our house to get our mom to come to see our glorious sand cake.  We took pictures, and then came home to eat our yummy fish lunch that my dad cooked.  Even though we didn’t get what we wanted, we still had a good time.

Chloe thinks her birthday cake looks yummy, if you like sand...

No comments:

Post a Comment